We use this page to keep our Gym Dandies parents up-to-date on the latest news, information and events. If you’d like to be notified via email whenever something is added or changed, you can sign up at the “Stay Up-To-Date” to the right or on the Stay Up-To-Date Page.
Important Parade Info
Dress warm and bring layers!
Performance level Gym Dandies are expected to participate in this event. We need a large number of Giraffe riders to fulfill our contractual obligation to parade organizers.
Beginner level Gym Dandies may participate in this event if they can self-mount and ride the 20″ Unicycle. Children who need assistance with mounting must be accompanied by one parent to assist them during the parade.
Equipment Room Open 7:45 AM Wentworth
Load/Depart: 8:30 AM Wentworth School
Parade begins at 12:00 Noon
Return Time WIS: 3:30 to 4:00P
Snack Stop at Manchester Mall after parade: Kids should bring a little snack $$
· We will be wearing our winter uniform
· Black uniform cold weather pants, solid black pants or solid shell/sweat pants
· Those who do not have cold weather performance jacket wear your Gym Dandies shirt over a black or dark jacket and black pants
· You will need a warm cap to wear under your helmet and dark gloves
· All adults walking in the parade must dress appropriately for this major regional parade. You should wear black pants, no jeans.
· cold weather jacket or Gym Dandies shirt over jacket. The new gray parade walker jackets are preferred, but not mandatory this year.
**We will bring extra Gym Dandy shirts for those who do not have that item.
Participants will need two bottles of water for after parade, a snack, bag lunch, and a little spending money for snack stop at Manchester Mall food court on the return trip to Scarborough.
If you wish to participate in this event reply immediately to Lindsey MacDonald (our new admin assistant) at:
shown to non-JS browsers. Indicate number (adult and child riding the bus) or if driving separately. This count is important for transportation purposes.
If you are not riding the bus: Gym Dandies Assembly Point is at Brady Sullivan Towers, 1750 Elm St. Those driving separately must be at assembly point no later than 11:00 AM. Buses will be parked at end of parade route south of 500 Elm Street. You can generally find parking at the end of the parade route on Elm St. Elm St. will close 30 minutes prior to the parade at 11:30 AM. Parade starts at 12:00 PM.
If your child is not returning on the bus, you must meet us at the end of the parade route at our buses promptly when the Gym Dandies finish the parade. Please inform Mr. Sloatman, or Mrs. Parenteau when you pick up your child. We do not wait for the rest of the parade to finish. We leave once we have finished the route.
We will not participate if it is raining/snowing, or severely cold wind. Please monitor your email prior to parade day for notices from Gym Dandies regarding possible cancellation. Also, a last minute cancellation would be posted here on our website on the morning of the parade.
2017 Community Performance
…and the following weekend is the 2017 Community Performance!
The Gym Dandies Calendar Raffle
Congratulations to the TOP SELLERS of our 2017 Calendar Raffle! Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication!!
- 1st Place: The Harthorne Family with 29 tickets sold.
Juggling Clubs ($75 value) & Book courtesy of Renegade Juggling; Get Air Portland pass; Salt Pump Climbing Co. pass
- 2nd Place: The MacLeod Family with 27 tickets sold Juggling Clubs ($36 value) & Book courtesy of Renegade Juggling; Get Air Portland pass; Salt Pump Climbing Co. pass
- 3rd Place: The Porensky Family with 19 tickets sold SweetFrog Scarborough gift bag (Gift Card, t-shirt, popcorn) & Westbrook Cinemagic pass
Please get in touch with us with any questions. Thank you for your support of this wonderful program!
Next Gym Dandies Booster Meeting
- When: 7:15 PM on 04/04/2016 (1st Tuesday of the month)
- Where: Wentworth Library
If you would like to get more involved, all are welcome to attend these meetings!
Purchasing A Unicycle
James Shield’s presentation and advice on purchasing a unicycle has been posted on the Purchasing A Unicycle page.
You can do anything with practice!
If your Gym Dandy wants to practice more at home, please refer to the Learn More – Help Links page for additional juggling tutorials and unicycling instruction.